Science & Engineering Fair
UCT continues its 15th Annual Science and Engineering Fair. Today the Fair is reserved for student and faculty viewing. A schedule of class view times has been circulated to staff.
The winners of this year’s Science Fair are:
- Honorable Mention - Christian Kenney, Jamie McCormick, Alen Chheath, Nick DiCarlo, Nolan Laman, Nathaniel Medeiros, Connie Chandler, and Emily Longval
- 3rd Place - Felicia Cafua, Alexa Gelson, David Coakley, Team Liam Orman & Drew Pierce, Christopher George, Hannah Grassi, Lana Nguyen, and Benjamin Candeloro
- 2nd Place - Casey Doran, Danielle Pimental, Corvus Sylvia, Jill Taylor, Jenna Borden, Team Baruch Candeloro, Kieran Donovan & Max Young, Charlie Kleindinst, and Ginny Sooy
- 1st Place - Sarah Vaughan, Joseph Rotondo, Team Tatyana Foskey & Victoria Marceau, Team Alex Koh & Deep Kumar, Brianna Weatherbee, Team Brad Marcosa & Baily Nance
- Best Integration of Academic and Shop Trophy - R.O.V. Project, Team Baruch Candeloro, Kieran Donovan & Max Young.
Awesome job and congratulation to all!
There will be a meeting for any students interested in playing baseball today after school in Room 412. Please see Mr. Coutinho with any questions.Results:
- UCT Varsity hockey had an afternoon matinee at Gallo Arena on Wednesday against O'Bryant beating them 8-4. The team came out flying after having 6 days off. Seth Tomasik scored his first varsity goal to take an early lead and followed up a few minutes later with his second of the night. Captain Sean Kelso closed out the scoring in the first, as the Rams took a 3-1 lead into the first intermission. Into the second, Joey McArdle opened the scoring early, and just before the periord ended, Bobby Cannon struck again for the Rams. Third period found Freshman John Driscoll scoring, and 3 minutes later Josh Barber got his first varsity goal. Sean Kelso added another with 3 minutes to go that sealed the game. Goalie Will Hanly stopped 16 of 20 shots in the victory. The hockey team hosts Wareham this coming Saturdayfor Senior night.
The SkillsUSA Chapter has begun a school supply fundraiser. Please bring any new and unused school supplies to Mrs. DeCosta in Room 191.
Attention seniors: If you have not yet turned in your cap and gown order form and payment, you can do so at the Main Office.
Also, there will be a meeting for all senior class officers and the senior prom committee members today at 2:20 in Room 191. Please see Ms. Edwards if you cannot attend.
Freshmen Class Officers
Attention freshmen: If you have an interest in becoming a class officer, nominations are now being accepted. You may pick up and return a Nomination Form at the Dean of Students’ Office. Nominations are due on Friday, March 3rd. Elections will take place shortly thereafter by casting your ballots through the Class of 2020 school email. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Chalke in Room 313.
There will be no regular driver’s ed classes next week, February 20th to February 24th. Instead, there will be an Accelerated Driver's Education Class held from February 21st to the 25th, from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. To register for the accelerated class, please contact the Adult Education Office at 508-759-7711, ext. 211.
Guidance Office News
The United States Marine Corps will visit UCT on Thursday, March 2nd. Interested Junior and Seniors should sign up in the Guidance Office.
The Interact Club continues their food drive to help community food pantries through March 3rd. If you wish to donate non-perishable items with a current shelf-life date you may bring these items to any of the various shops or to Room 182. The shop with the largest total donations will earn a pizza party. Thank you for helping our neighbors.
Reminder to Art Club students that the library project is starting next week after vacation.
Also, the deadline for the Cape Cod Times Classroom Times contest is today and the Independence House Music contest is March 2nd. The Pops by the Sea T-Shirt Design Contest ends March 31st, and submissions for the ZO Magazine contest have begun. Please see Mrs. O’Donnell with your any question you have on these various art opportunities.