Culinary Arts Certifications
Culinary Arts students prepare to earn certificates in:
- Fine Dining standards
- Advanced techniques and equipment in the classic, traditional and contemporary forms of service
- An expanding nationally recognized certification.
Certified Junior Culinarian (American Culinary Federation Educational Foundation)
- ACF certifications are the most sought after by industry chefs
- UCT offers an ACFEF secondary certified program.
- Requirements for this program meet and exceed the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and Massachusetts State Sanitation guideline
ServSafe Certification (National Restaurant Association)
- Sanitation certification is required by all food service providers as a basic credential for their management staff
- Shift manager’s certification must be clearly displayed in each establishment
- This course is provided for senior year in an attempt to prepare graduates for a leadership roles
Allergen Awareness (MA Department of Public Health / Bureau of Environmental Health/Food Protection Program)
- State mandated program
- Food establishments required to have a "Certified Food Protection Manager" on staff who holds a "Certificate of Allergen Awareness"
- Certificate is valid for 5 years
- Self-paced introductory training (non-manager's) course designed for kitchen staff
- Offered to UCT underclassment
- Demonstrates student's understanding of MA state kitchen standards to employers
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Our freshman are certified in the first half of the year and re-certified in their junior year
- Covers state's required choke saver training
- 10 hour general industry