Public Release Statement

Food Service Program Public Release Statement

Upper Cape Cod Regional Technical School will be participating in the National School Lunch Program. Free and reduced price meals are available to qualifying families. Applications for free and reduced price meals are sent home with each student on the first day of school. Applications are also available on the school website at, under the Food Service tab or in the front office at each of the schools. You may apply at any time during the school year. Please fill out one application per family. Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals if your income falls within the limits on the chart below.

The Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines for July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019 are as follows:

Household Size Total Income         
Annual Monthly Twice Per Month Every Two Weeks Weekly
No. of Household Members Free Lunch Reduced Lunch Free Lunch Reduced Lunch Free Lunch Reduced Lunch Free Lunch Reduced Lunch Free Lunch Reduced Lunch
1  $15,782  $22,459  $1,316  $1,872  $658 $936  $607  $864  $304  $432
2  $21,398  $30,451  $1,784  $2,538  $892 $1,269 $823  $1,172  $412  $586
3  $27,014  $38,443  $2,252  $3,204  $1,126  $1,602  $1,039  $1,479  $520  $740
4  $32,630  $46,435  $2,720  $3,870  $1,360  $1,935  $1,255  $1,786  $628  $893
5  $38,246  $54,427  $3,188  $4,536  $1,594  $2,268  $1,471  $2,094  $736  $1,047
6  $43,862  $62,419  $3,656  $5,202  $1,828  $2,601  $1,687  $2,401  $844  $1,201
7  $49,478  $70,411  $4,124  $5,868  $2,062  $2,934  $1,903  $2,709  $952  $1,355
8  $55,094  $78,403  $4,592  $6,534  $2,296  $3,267  $2,119  $3,016  $1,060  $1,508
For each additional family member, add:   +$5,616  +$7,992  +$468  +$666  +$234  +$333  +$216  +$308  +$108  +$154


If anyone in your household participates in any of the following assistance programs, your children are eligible for free school meals. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP or MASNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF or MATANF), or The Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR). Households receiving any of these benefits are only required to provide the recipient’s name, their Agency ID, TANF, or FDPIR number, student name(s) and adult signature when submitting the application.

For up to 30 operating days into the new school year, eligibility from the previous year will continue. When the carry-over period ends, unless the household submits a new application that has been approved or has been notified that the children are directly certified through the Virtual Gateway*, the children must pay full price for meals.

*The Virtual Gateway provides information regarding eligibility in MA SNAP, MA TAFDC, Medicaid, or is a foster child through the Executive Office of Health and Human Services. This electronic match is required by federal regulation. All children in these households are eligible for free school meal benefits. If you receive a notice of Direct Certification for your child to receive free school meals and there are other children in the household that are not listed, you may contact Susan Truax, 508 759-7711 x.311 to have the benefit extended to them. Households notified of Direct Certification must contact Susan Truax, 508 759-7711 x. 311 or submit in writing if they want to decline the free meal benefit.

Students who are homeless, migrant, or runaway are also eligible for benefits. If children or households receive benefits under Assistance Programs or Other Source Categorically Eligible Programs and are not notified by the school of their free meal benefits, the parent or guardian should contact Susan Truax at 508 759-7711 x. 311.

Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court, are categorically eligible for free meals. A foster child may be included as a member of a foster family if the foster family chooses to also apply for benefits. If a foster family is not eligible for free or reduced price meals benefits, it does not prevent the foster child from receiving free meal benefits. Note however, that a foster child's free eligibility does not automatically extend to all students in the household. Application forms for all other households must list the names of all household members, all household income with the amount, source and frequency of the income received by each household member. An adult signature is required along with the last 4 digits of the adult's Social Security Number or the box checked that the applicant does not have a Social Security Number. Completed applications should be submitted to Susan Truax, Administrative Assistant, Upper Cape Cod Regional Technical School, 220 Sandwich Road, Bourne, MA 02532. Under the provisions of the policy for determining eligibility for free and reduced price meals, Sue Truax will review the applications and determine eligibility. If a parent or guardian is dissatisfied with the ruling of the determining official, he/she may wish to discuss the decision with the determining official on an informal basis by calling 508-759-7711 x. 249. If he/she wishes to make a formal appeal, a request either orally or in writing may be made to: Mr. Peter Winiarski, Food Service Director, Upper Cape Cod Regional Technical School, 220 Sandwich Road, Bourne, MA 02532.

If a household member has a change in income or if household size changes at any time, the family can file a new application.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) E-mail:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.