Beginning with the Class of 2021, we are using the Massachusetts Career Information System (MassCIS) as the tool for student career planning. Counselors will assist ninth grade students in accessing their account in MassCIS at the start of the school year.
Members of the class of 2021 and beyond are provided with MassCIS accounts. Students may sign into their account by visiting masscis.intocareers.org. Once in the system, students select Portfolio from the green menu bar.
Creating and updating a four-year career plan is required of all CVTE students in Massachusetts. MassCIS offers students many tools to manage career development and create an individual plan. Students will receive assistance from teachers and counselors with completing their MassCIS portfolio components. Emphasis will be placed upon using assessment data and goal setting. Parents/guardians will be provided with access to their student's account and are expected to check the progress through the school year.
- Getting Started: Know Myself
- Getting Started: Research My Options
- Getting Started: Set Goals
- Exploratory Writing Worksheet
- Getting Started: Make Plans
- Looking Deeper: Research My Options
- Looking Deeper: Evaluate My Options
- Looking Deeper: Set Goals
- Looking Deeper: Make Plans