In recent years, more that 60 percent of UCT graduates continue their education immediately following graduation. Beginning in grade 9, UCT students are provided with information on how to prepare for college admissions. Guidance lessons expose students to many resources that are helpful for college planning. Use the resources to the right to find the informatio needed.
Each year, the Guidance Department hosts a college fair in the spring. Over seventy college, technical school, and military representatives are available to speak with interested students and their parents/guardians. Additionally, throughout the fall, college and military representatives visit UCT to meet with juniors and seniors in small groups.
For the past five school years, a five-week parent/guardian and student workshop has been offered for interested parents in the winter. Parent/Guardians of current juniors should expect to receive information about this program in January.
College Planning Resources
- Career Education Colleges & Universities
- College Board
- College Process Responsibilities (PDF)
- Colleges with Structured Learning Differences Programs
- Common Application Member Institutions
- Common Application
- Creating a CollegeBoard Account
- Historically Black Colleges & Universities
- National Center for Education Statistics College Navigator
- NCAA: College Bound Athletes
- New England Regional Student Program
- Pathways Program of Cape Cod Community College
- SAT/ACT optional 4-year list
Articles of Interest
- College Admissions: 4 New England College Road Trips
- The College Visit: Is the Chemistry Right?
- Positively Parenting: How Can We Prepare for the College Application Process?
- College Accommodations 101: Everything Parents and Students Need to Know
- Student Loan Debt Per Graduate by School by State in 2018
- ACT Writing and SAT Essay Requirements