Parent Advisory Council
Our PAC Mission
The mission of the Upper Cape Tech Special Education Parent Advisory Council or SEPAC, is to work from the understanding of respect, support, and appropriate education for children with disabilities in our school community and to foster an educational environment that prepares and encourages students to self-advocate and plan for life in a post-secondary community.
What is SEPAC?
Massachusetts Special Education regulations state that each school committee shall establish a Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) on Special Education. A SEPAC is a formally organized group of individuals committed to the best possible services for children with special needs.
- Advises the school district on special education programs, training needs, and policy
- Promotes a network of parents and forum to share information
- Promotes communication between SEPAC members, organizations, councils and groups
- Promotes understanding, acceptance and inclusion within the school and community
- Provides informational forums for parents, students, educators, and professionals
Who should join the SEPAC?
- Parents and/ or guardians of children who receive any type of special education services or accommodations in school such as an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or a 504 Accommodation Plan.
- Parents who think their child may have some learning issues or differences.
- Parents who would like to understand or have an interest in the Special Education process.
- Parents, educators, or any members of the community who want to learn more about topics related to diverse learning.
- Please check back for our next scheduled meeting!
Special Education Parent Group