- The Varsity Softball team will host Norfolk Agi at 3:30,
- The JV Baseball team will also host Norfolk Agi at 3:30, and
- The Girls’ Lacrosse team will host Abington High School at 6 p.m.
- The Varsity Baseball team will travel to Walpole to play against Norfolk Agi at 3:30, and
- The JV Softball team will also travel to Walpole to play against Norfolk Agi at 3:30.
- The Boys’ Varsity and JV Lacrosse teams will travel to Canton to play against Blue Hills Regional. The Varsity team will play at 3:30, and the JV team will play at 5 p.m.
Teams playing in away games will be dismissed by announcement.Results:
- On Saturday, the JV Baseball team defeated Wareham 7-2. Cam Medeiros pitched five strong innings giving up one run on three hits with four strikeouts. T.J. Ryan pitched two innings for the save along with contributing with a hit. Drew Brightman hit a two-run single in the bottom of the sixth while Noah Tetrault hit a two-run triple. Khai Delgado, Joey Coelho, Joe King, James Gracie, Myles Duarte, and Chris Sobol each had a hit.
- The Boys’ Varsity Lacrosse team won yesterday here at home against Bishop Connolly 18-8. The Rams’ attack combined for a total of 12 goals and 6 assist, while the midfielders and defense tallied 6 goals and 2 assists. They will return to action this afternoon at Blue Hills Regional.
- The Varsity Baseball team defeated Southeastern yesterday 7-5. Tyler Earle pitched six strong innings to earn the win while Riley Thornell closed. David Coakley knocked in the go ahead runs in the sixth. Hunter Mahoney, Jason Shell, Eric Singleton and Jared Westgate each had big hits.
- The Girls’ Lacrosse team fought hard against Southeastern Regional yesterday, coming up just short of a victory over the Hawks with a final score of 10-7. Trinity Andrews played well in net with 9 saves and was anchored by a strong defense. Sophia Oliver had a strong game offensively scoring her first goal of the season. The Girls play Abington tonight at 6 p.m. Come show support for your Lady Rams.
The Art Club will meet today after school in the library for our yearbook picture and to discuss end of the year opportunities. Also, the deadline for entries to the 9th Congressional District Art Competition is April 14th.
Ice Cream Party
Once again, congratulations to Horticulture for winning the UCT Penny Wars. The ice cream party will be held Thursday, April 13th at 1:30 p.m. in the cafeteria.
Any sophomore or junior interested in dual enrollment for the summer or fall should sign up to see Mrs. McGuire prior to April vacation.
There is still an opportunity to enroll in the April Accelerated Driver's Education Class. Classes will be held from April 18th to the 22nd. A Parent/Guardian will be required to attend a mandatory class on April 19th from 6-8 p.m. To register please contact the Adult Education Office at 508-759-7711, ext. 211.
Attention Seniors: Guest Request forms for the Senior Prom are now available in the Dean of Students’ Office. If you wish to bring a guest to the Senior Prom that is not currently a student at UCT, you must submit a Guest Request to the Dean of Students for approval prior to purchasing tickets. Prom tickets will go on sale Monday, April 24th in the Library. Tickets are $70 each.
Seniors interested in the Senior Class trip to see the Boston Red Sox on May 27th, may now pick up your permission slips in the cafeteria during lunch. Permission slips along with the $40 cost to participate must be submitted to Ms. Edwards no later than April 13th.
Also, seniors that have not ordered their cap and gown for graduation must do so prior to the April break. Please see Mrs. Rogers in the Main Office to place your order.
World Autism Awareness Month
The UCT Culinary Arts Program will be selling brownies cut into puzzle pieces and decorated with the theme Light It Up Blue frosting throughout the month in the Canalside Restaurant. All proceeds will go to the Autism Speaks Foundation. Puzzle pieces will be on sale 3 for $2.
To learn more, please visit the Autism Speaks website: https://www.autismspeaks.org/ or on their social media facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/autismspeaks.
Take some time and visit UCT’s School Library in recognition of School Library Month. We guarantee you will find something interesting in a library book!