Daily News Bulletin February 11, 2019
- The Girls’ JV and Varsity Basketball teams will host Sacred Heart High School today. The JV team will play at 3:30, and the Varsity team will play at 5.
- The Boys’ JV and Varsity Basketball teams will travel to Kingston today to play against Sacred Heart High School. The JV team will play at 3:30, and the Varsity at 5.
- The Varsity Hockey team will travel to Nantucket to play against Nantucket High School today at 5:15 at the Nantucket Ice Arena.
- The Boys’ Varsity Basketball team won 59-38 over Bristol Aggie Friday night. Connor Reidy led the way with 24 points, Desmond Nascimento 15, and Wally Alden added 9 points. The boys improved to 9 and 9. This coming Friday we will say goodbye to the 4 Seniors: Wally Alden, CJ Nicholas, Pat McMahon, and Isaiah Borges. Please come out and thank our seniors for the contribution to the Rams, and to support our team.
- Friday night the Girls’ Varsity Basketball team hosted Bristol Aggie winning 38-25. The Lady Rams held Bristol to 5 points in the second half. The Rams were led by Nicaeyla Pires with 12 points, Hailey Wilcox and Paige Bourgault 7, Lacey Butland and Zoe Janicki 5. Arianna Miranda 2 and Makenna Vary 1. Great game Ladies!!
- The Lady Rams’ JV Basketball team also played against Bristol Aggie last Friday night at home, winning 42-12. Calii Smith and Aaliyah Tropeano had 14 points each. Freshman Molly Keefe (with her first start of the season) scored 4 points, Essence Mahoney had 4 points, Faith Kalkanis, Arianna Miranda, and Emily Nicholas had 2 points apiece. Amazing all-around team effort Ladies!!
- The Varsity Hockey team celebrated Senior Night on Saturday and came away with a 7-0 victory over East Bridgewater. Nine seniors and their parents were honored before the game. John Michael Ballard, Josh Barber, Josh Winiarski, Kade Schofield, Bobby Cannon, Joey McArdle, Cam Smith, Jackson St. Don, and Zach Pateakos. A special thank you goes out to all the parents that took the time to decorate and prepare the Gallo Ice Arena before the game.
There will be a meeting on Thursday, February 14th at 2:10 in the Multi-Purpose Room-Gym Side, for all baseball players.
UCT Science Fair
Tomorrow, the UCT Science Department is hosting the annual Science Fair. Judging begins after school. Faculty members will judge all of the approximate 80 student participants electronically on their iPads so that scoring is done in a timely manner.
Are you interested in drawing or enhancing your character art? Then sign up for the Drawing Illusions 5-week Art Class sponsored by the Art Club. The class will meet on Tuesdays after school in Room 186 starting on March 12th. Sign up with Mrs. O'Donnell in Room 186. All students are welcome.
Please note, there will not be an art club meeting Tuesday, February 12th due to the Science Fair.
The Interact Club will be selling Candy Grams for Valentine’s Day. Heart-shaped lollipops and Fun Dip will have custom messages from the buyer to the recipient. Candy Gram sales will run through Thursday, February 14th.
Attention Seniors: This Friday is the last opportunity to submit your baby picture for the yearbook. Please see Mrs. Bourke and Mr. Callahan with pictures.
Also, any senior that has not yet purchased their Cap & Gown for graduation, please see Mrs. Rogers in the Main Office.
Freshmen Class Officers
Any Freshmen student interested in running for class officer should pick up a nomination form from the Dean of Student’s Office. The completed form should also be submitted to the Dean’s Office by Friday, March 15th.
Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors interested in free college courses at Mass Maritime can pick up an application in the Guidance Office. The choices are Current Environmental Problems and Intro to Emergency Management to be held on Mondays from 4-7 p.m. And, an English Composition class on Tuesdays from 4-7 p.m. Classes will begin in March.