Daily News Bulletin April 11, 2019
- The Girls’ Lacrosse team will travel to Middleboro today to play against Middleboro High School at 3:30.
- The Boys’ Varsity Lacrosse team won their second game in a row, 10-3 over Blue Hills! Josh Winiarski scored 5 goals, John Michael Ballard 2, and Kade Schofield, Jack Driscoll and Will Hanly each scored 1. Brian Stone was great in net. Defense was solid throughout the game.
- The Boys’ JV Lacrosse team defeated Blue Hills yesterday, 10-2. Robert Grinnell and Chris Hanly led the way for the Rams with 3 goals each. Isaac Fermino and Michael Thompson both played strong in net. Great team win, nice job boys!
- The Varsity Softball team lost to Norfolk Aggie yesterday. Heather Cormier had three hits, two RBI's and a run scored. Zoe Janicki had a double, single and one RBI. Hannah Schulze had two hits, scored twice and had an RBI.
- The JV Softball team lost last night at home against Norfolk Aggie. Shelby Silva pitched well along with an amazing catch at the mound and two great hits. Great defense by Kim Gosselin, Ariana Miranda and Jasmine August along with several great hits on offense.
- The Varsity Baseball team won 8-4 over Norforlk Aggie yesterday. Blake Martin, Jeremy Wurtzburger and Keith Roderick pitched well while Jared Westgate, Joey McArdle, Matt Senna and Connor Reidy powered the UCT offense.
- The JV Baseball team won yesterday 9-1 against Norfolk Aggie. Patrick Ghelfi pitched four scoreless innings, striking out nine and leading the Rams to their first victory of the season. Ghelfi, along with Kyle Tocci and Elijah Barros knocked in two runs apiece to pace the Rams’ 10-hit attack. Nate Thomas added a key RBI double and scored twice for UCT. Adam Jennings had three strikeouts in an excellent relief effort.
Sophomore Class Office
Any Sophomore student interested in running for class office should pick up a nomination form in the Dean of Student’s Office. The completed form should be submitted to the Dean’s Office by Friday, April 26th.
Health Tech Fundraiser
The Health Tech Seniors are having a raffle to raise money for the MSPCA in Centerville. Tickets are on sale beginning today until May 10th. Take a chance at winning one of the five raffle baskets, each worth $60-$80. Tickets are 1 for $3 and 5 for $10. You can buy tickets from any Health Tech Senior or during the senior lunch. The winners will be chosen on May 10th.
Any students considering dual enrollment courses for the upcoming summer or next school year should sign up on the dual enrollment list in the Guidance Office.