Daily News Bulletin May 14, 2019
- The Girls’ Lacrosse team will host Dennis-Yarmouth High School today at 3:30.
- The Varsity Softball team defeated Saint John Paul II yesterday. Zoe Janicki pitched a strong game, allowing 5 hits, 1 earned run and striking out 8 in the 5 inning victory. Cassie Fleck had 4 hits and drove in 2 runs, Heather Cormier 3 hits, scored 4 times and drove in 2 runs. Zoe Janicki, Jordon McCoy and Hannah Schulze each had run-scoring hits in the 2nd inning when the Lady Rams scored 8 times.
- The Boys’ Varsity Lacrosse team lost to Southeastern Regional yesterday, 15 - 6. Josh Winiarski had four goals and Cam Lumsden and Chris Hanly had one apiece.
- The Boys’ JV Lacrosse team tied Southeastern yesterday, 6-6. Isaac Fermino and Isaiah Foskey led the way for the Rams on offense, while Michael Thompson played a great game in the net leading a solid defensive effort. Great job boys!
- The JV Baseball team traveled to Southeastern yesterday playing in very tough, cold and rainy conditions but was shut out in a game-shortened 16-0 rout. Eddie Rotchford, Lucas Marcolini and Owen Macleod all made excellent defensive plays for the Rams.
- The Girls’ Lacrosse team lost yesterday to Southeastern Regional.
There will be a mandatory football meeting today after school for all players in the Multipurpose Room. And, tomorrow there will be a meeting for all basketball players again in the Multipurpose Room after school.
Anyone interested in trying out for the UCT Golf team next Fall should see Mr. Lombard in Room 312.
A reminder to Seniors that you have 2 weeks to complete your Term 3 and Term 4 Pathway obligations. Pathways must be completed prior to signing out on May 24th.
All other students will have until June 7th to complete their Pathway obligations. If you have any questions, please visit the Dean of Student’s Office.
Fundraisers and Raffles
The National Honor Society is proud to sponsor a raffle to help support the Bourne Fire Department. Tickets and prizes are still available. You can purchase tickets for $2 each or 3 for $5 from any National Honor Society student or from the Dean’s Office. Drawings will take place each Friday throughout the month of May.
The Student Council is sponsoring the Penny Wars! If you’ve got pennies lying around and want to participate, just gather them up and deposit them in the bins for each of the shops that will be located in the cafeteria during all lunches. The bins will be available through May 31st. Pennies will be worth one point each. Adding other coins and bills to another shop’s bin will deduct points from that shop. The shop with the most points will win an ice cream party couresty of the Student Council.
The Mass Maritime Academy will be offering 3 dual enrollment classes next fall -- Ecological Sustainability, Western Civilization, and Introduction to Emergency Management. Mass Maritime courses fill up quickly so interested current 9th, 10th, and 11th graders should apply soon. Applications are available from your school counselor or on the dual enrollment section of the Guidance page of the UCT website.
The Art Club has art work displayed at the Bourne Library in the upper level balcony now until May 17th. Stop by to view our talented artists.
Senior Class Trip
Attention Seniors: The Senior Class trip to Six Flags is scheduled for Tuesday, May 28th. Tickets are $30 and are will be on sale during lunches until May 22nd. You will need to purchase lunch at the park. Please see Ms. Guyot with any questions.